Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Plug for Photobucket

Because I only have dial-up (and don't expect to get anything better in the near future), it takes forever for me to upload pictures onto my blog. If I upload them directly into blogspot, it takes hours for even 2 or 3 pictures, so I have been using photobucket, which has still taken a long time, but at least it was quicker than blogspot.

The other day I discovered photobucket's bulk uploader. Now, instead of taking hours to upload pictures, it takes minutes! I am so impressed! How do they DO that? Why can't every website do that? It is great!

I just wanted to pass this along in case there are other bloggers out there with the same problem. Try photobucket and try their bulk uploader!

3 comments:

  1. Although I have DSL connection I use PB for uploading onto a couple of camping forums I belong to. It works great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aleta, can't you get high speed internet by trying something like Hughes Net???? I'd go bonkers if I had dial-up now.

    I've heard of Photobucket but am using Picasa right now. I don't know if Picasa has a bulk uploader --but since I don't have trouble uploading pictures, I don't need it. But--I'm glad you found something that works for you.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, to answer your question, yes, I could get hughes.net or another satellite service, but there are a couple of reasons why I don't, one of them being cost - hughes.net is way more expensive than what I pay now. Another reason is that my sister-in-law has hughes.net and she said it isn't that much faster than dial-up (although it is advertised as being really fast), and the third reasons is this: I was told several years ago that if you have dial-up, you are safer from hackers because of the slow connection (and we do bank and shop on-line). I don't know if that is true, but when I consider the other factors, I figure I'll just stick with dial-up, especially now that I found Photobucket!

    ReplyDelete