Thursday, January 15, 2009

Scattered

I guess you could call me the stereotypical scatter-brain. I put something down, then totally forget where it is. I am constantly searching for things that I know I have in the house - somewhere: books, knitting needles, needle cases, pens, etc. I am also scattered in my interests. I love to do SO many things: read, write, sew, felt, crochet, knit, garden . . . and the list goes on and on.

I am retired and so I have nothing but TIME on my hands. Yet, time does run out! If I don't get focused soon, I will not reach my goals, and my computer is not cooperating with me in this. For some reason, it is getting slower and slower. Perhaps I need a new one. Perhaps I have too much on it. I've been removing pictures and will next go to my favorites and delete those that I don't want anymore, but that's another problem - EVERYTHING is a favorite!! Hopefully deleting these items will speed things up, but I believe that, in order to get some other projects done, I will have to limit my time on line.

In light of my new resolve, I will now only be blogging on Thursdays. I will still be checking the blogs on my list for updates and will occasionally post to my own blog, but probably not as many pictures - unless I have something awesome that I MUST share (we only have dial-up, so uploading pictures takes up an enormous amount of my time) - but all activity will be on Thursdays!

Thankful Thursday, as Fiona says! I'm so thankful for you all of you who take the time to read my blog! I just wanted to make you aware of my new blogging schedule in case you wonder about my"silence"!

See my next entry to see how I'll be making use of my extra time!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to say "no" to some things in order to say "yes" to others.

    Good luck setting aside the time you need. It's so hard to let go of things, even it they take lots of your time.


    See you next Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aleta---I understand, but I will miss you. I too have alot of interests and it's hard to fit everything in. BUT--this blogging is a priority for me now. Write when you can --and even email me on occasion (betsyadams@mac.com).
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, and I just found you! But that will make your Thursday posts so much more appreciated. Re: your slow computer,.. have you done a disc cleanup and defrag on it? that might help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cedar -
    I did do a dis cleanup and it said I didn't need to defrag, and I think taking stuff off helped a little bit, but since I just have dial-up, it is uploading the pics that takes forever. I'll keep working on it! Today is Blogger Thursday!
    Aleta

    ReplyDelete