Friday, May 1, 2009

How to Give Your Cat a Pill

In light of what Doug and I go through each morning giving Angel Kitty her two pills for her urinary tract infection, I thought I'd share these humorous instructions that I found on the internet about how to give a cat a pill:

How to Give Your Cat a Pill

(I particularly like the note at the bottom on how to give your DOG a pill.)

Actually, we have the procedure down pretty good, with the help of a pill giving gadget thingie we got from the vet's. I have to wrap her good in a towel and hold on tight while Doug does the administering. Usually the pills go down but not every time. Sometimes it takes more than one try.

And when it is all done, Angel gets her "special food" treat - a bit of Fancy Feast canned food that she loves.

2 comments:

  1. There really is an art to giving pills to cats. And unfortunately, every cat needs a new art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funny.... I never had to give a cat a pill--but I"m sure it must be hard. Your way sounds good---but it obviously takes TWO people to do it... Hope Angel gets well soon!!!!!

    Have a wonderful day and week. I'll post one more time in the morning--but then I'll be gone for about 9 days.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete