Monday, October 6, 2008

Old Cemetary






We have an old cemetery on our property. I don't know how old it actually is. Only two of the graves have markers. Those graves are for an infant and a two-year-old. The rest of the markers are field stones turned on their sides and in some cases, a larger field stone for the head and a smaller one for the foot of the grave. We know that our neighbor's little sister, who died at the age of 5 or so about 70 years ago, is buried there, but we don't know which marker it is. The cemetery could date back to Civil War times. I go up there once in awhile. It is so peaceful there among the pines. I never go up when it is windy, and the picture of the fallen tree shows why!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cemetary.You are lucky to know some of its history.I would love to know about the lamb,who made it & so forth.phylliso

    ReplyDelete