Thursday, June 26, 2008

ZUCCHINI, ZUCCHINI, ZUCCHINI . . . .


Oh my, the zucchini is overtaking our home! I gave some away for the past two days and still have bunches left, and more on the vine waiting to get big. I made zucchini bread today (see pics) and today I'll freeze zucchini.

My zucchini bread recipe:

(makes two loaves)

2 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts
1 package vanilla pudding Cook & Serve (do NOT use instant): you can substitute the recipe for pudding from the box of corn starch, using only the dry ingredients and the vanilla

Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add the next four ingredients. Mix lightly, but well. Mix remaining ingredients (except nuts) in a bowl. Add to the first mixture and blend. Then add the nuts. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or more. Remove from pans at once. Cool on rack.
NOTE: You can freeze this bread, just wrap it well.


I also have yellow squash that needs eaten, frozen, and/or given away!

3 comments:

  1. I never used the vanilla pudding in it,will have to give it a try,phylliso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I just may have to try this recipe, it sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys try it - it is so good! And it is great to freeze and have in the winter and to give away as gifts too!

    ReplyDelete